St George Girls High School
An Academically Selective High School For Girls
St George Girls High School is currently organising its archive collection to celebrate our centenary in 2016. In order to provide public access to this collection photographs are gradually being made available online. This is a work in progress and images and information will gradually be updated.
St George old girls have achieved diverse and significant success in their post school lives. We wish to recognise this success and include information on our website. Our album of Notable Old Girls is only a beginning and an inspiration to our current students. Further nominations and information are most welcome. Please email any nominations and photographs to the school. We welcome any donation to our archives from old girls and their families.
Please contact the school if you would like to donate photographs or information about our old girls, the school and previous staff members. To do this Contact us
Prior to 1916, secondary education in the St George District had been available at Kogarah Intermediate High School. In June 1913 it was decided that Kogarah would be a suitable site for a new high school. On 31 October 1914, the land occupied by the cottage ‘Harrow Villa’ was purchased from its owner. This cottage with portable buildings added became the temporary St George Girls High School. St George Girls High School officially opened in February 1916 with 143 students and nine teachers.
Copyright 2011 SGGHS